Sunday, February 7, 2010

Three American Girls

This is Kit Kittredge. She is from 1934. That's so old! That was during the Great Depression. Kit and her family really had to work together because there wasn't much money. She was robbed and everyone thought it was by a hobo, but it wasn't. Her father had already lost his job. They were going to loose the house, but then Kit's best friend Ruthie talked her father, the bank owner, into letting the Kittredge's keep their house for two extra months. Sterling, a boy from Kit's class, had to come and live with them when they took in borders. Kit saw a dog that no one could feed anymore and her mother let her keep it. The dog's name was Grace.



This is Josephina. She is from 1824. Her mother died and her father runs the family. Her aunt, Tia Delores, still lived in Mexico City. When she came to visit, the girls realized how much they needed a helper so they asked her to stay. She said yes. During a flood the Montoyas lost tons of their sheep. Tia Dolores had the idea to use all the wool to trade for more sheep. Josephina three sisters knew how to weave, but Jospehina didn't. Tia Dolores and her helper, Teresita, taught Josephina how to weave. They need to learn how to read and write, too. Tia Dolores to the rescue again.



Now that I have both American Girl dolls, they are best friends. We are three American girls.

11 comments:

  1. Sloane, I loved hearing about your dolls and what was going on with them. Thank you for sharing their stories with us. I love you.
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sloane, I am so proud of your work on this post. Your writing is great and so is your photography. I love this. And you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were your age I sure would want a Kit Kitteredge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, did you take these photos?! I love hearing about your dolls and seeing your pictures. Its sounds like Kit and Josephina have been through a lot and have had very interesting lives. I am sure they are so happy to be living and playing with you now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I did take all of them with my own camera. Mom helped me to crop. My Ibu and Bapak gave me a good camera for Christmas. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sloane
    I realy like what you wrote especially since I have Kits mini doll.
    from Julian

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi sloane
    i liked your music

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LIKE YOUR BLOG

    LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sight is sooo cooool today is the first that we have seen it. You do a good job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sloane!!! I love your NEW blog!!! All the colors are yummy! I LOVE American Girls! We live near Chicago and that was always one of my FAVORITE places to go ALWAYS! Molly is now 15 and doesn't ever want to go, but if you come back to Chicago, let me know so I can go with you. I actually have a Girl of Today doll named Patti. She sits in an old fashioned chair in the dining room- so no one is EVER too old to have dolls, are they?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter has four American Girl dolls and she loves them! She has Kirsten, Nikki, Samantha, and her 'Just Like You' doll that she named Madison. We have read all of the books together and they are a wonderful way to learn history! Hope you read and enjoy all of them, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in. I love comments. Bye.